Monday, October 25, 2010

seaside inspiration


maybe it's because we used to live so close to the ocean in california or maybe because now we're close to the great lakes that look like oceans but whatever the reason my new favorite interior design trends are all ocean/sea inspired in color and theme. not the kind with everything covered in shells but in a more sublte "feel the ocean breeze" way!

i have a large collection of ideas and photos that go along with this theme but recently i have been enjoying the website and portfolio of the famous Sarah Richardson. she is a canadian designer and no stranger to anyone who's interested in interiors. i don't want to use the word love for everything but i love her cottage; the colors, the wood, everything and these are my favorites below. these are all going into my file for future ideas.
i noticed the birch log lap on the bedside table. i'm now wondering how to turn my recently scavenged birch log into one of those!

the cute chairs on the left long side of this table are antique bankers chairs. i want to find something similar and paint them the same way in a color that goes with my stuff.

4 comments:

The 'Smarty Pants' Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The 'Smarty Pants' Family said...

i love how this house is decorated

creAtiv life said...

thanks "smarty pants'!! i love it too; wish it was mine! glad to see some blog traffic; time for me to do some udpates. i checked out your site and i plan on heading back to spend some more time checking it out !

Jodhpuri suit said...

You really make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be really something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and very broad for me. I am looking forward for your next post.